What is the difference between MAXinBOX 16 and MAXinBOX 8 facing MAXinBOX 16 Plus and MAXinBOX 8 Plus?
MAXinBOX 8 Plus and MAxinBOX 16 Plus belong to the new Zennio actuators generation, and include a more advanced microprocessor. This microprocessor allows including a more advanced logical function module with 20 logical functions, facing the 10 logical functions module in MAXinBOX 16 and MAXinBOX 8. In addition, these two new actuators include 2 or 4 modules (respectively) for up to 2 or 4 units of 2-pipes fan coil control.
Can I connect different electrical phases in the actuator outputs?
Yes, different electrical phases can be connected to any output of any block indifferently, taking in mind the next exceptions of the following actuators:
- ACTinBOX MAX 6 -> Different phases can be connected in the outputs as long as one of them is connected into the A or B channels and the other one into channel C.
- ACTinBOX QUATRO -> Different phases can be connected in the outputs as long as one of them is connected into the A channel and the other one into channel B.
- ACTinBOX CLASSIC -> No different phases can be connected in this case, as the device has an only clamp for channels A & B.
- MAXinBOX16 -> Different phases can be connected in the outputs as long as they are connected to different terminal block.
- inBOX 20/24 -> The outputs are internally connected, thus, only one phase can be connected
What are the devices that can be controlled by the actuators?
Any electronic device needing the opening/closing of a relay for its control, i.e: light points, shutters, clima, .....
When controlling the same light from more than one switch, the status indicator is not updated in all the switches. What is wrong?
To switch on/off properly a light form several points it is important to notice that the outputs and the inputs statuses must be linked together, by doing that, the inputs that have not make the control are updated with the output status.
Which shutter motors are the suitable ones to be used with Zennio actuators?
Zennio shutter controllers are designed to work with 3 wire motors: neutral, rising movement and lowering movement.
It is possible to control continuous current shutters (12VDC/24VDC) with polarity inversion using the shutter adaptors Shutter Coupler 1CH and 2CH together with the usual shutter actuator.
Is it possible to connect several shutters in parallel to the same shutter actuator output?
Even if the shutters are the same and they have the same operation times, just one shutter per channel must be installed, otherwise, the shutter motors can be damaged.
Why should I use a shutter channel instead of two individual outputs to control a shutter?
Zennio actuators have an internal logic module for shutter control. It makes impossible to close at the same time two relays (rising/lowering orders) providing additional safety for not to supply the motor in two directions simultaneously, that situation could happen if using individual outputs.
How to synchronize the shutter and the actuator after programming it?
If the shutter is totally up, the shutter and actuator are already synchronized, otherwise it is necessary to send a down command and wait until the configured time is completed.
Is it possible to connect several blinds to one output channel of an actuator?
Connect more than one blind engine per channel, though possible, is not recommended at all.
The motor windings generate induced currents that can cause a erratic behavior of the motors.
What actuators outputs are suitable for capacitive loads: low-energy lamps, LED, fluorescent lights?
Capacitive loads can be connected to all our actuators, excepting the following devices:
- 1 and 2 outputs of ACTinBOX CLASSIC-HYBRID from serial number 09AAD001. Previously this serial number, this device couldn't stand Capacitive loads
- Never connect capacitive loads to the outputs of a ACTinBOX MAX6.
Fluorescent lights, LED and energy saving lamps usually use capacitive electronic transformers. In these cases, you should follow the recommendations described above.
I have an actuator and the outputs do not work or they behave strange
Check that you have downlaoded the last version of the application program available at our website. If so, contact our Technical Support.
How can I test the outputs withouth programming it with ETS?
ACTinBOX CLASSIC-HYBRID, QUATRO and MAX6 allow controlling their outputs with IR remote controller (Not included; Ref. ZN1IRZ38) when they are in programming mode (red programming LED lighting). WARNING: Do not activate two relays of a shutter channel at the same time or the shutter motor could be damaged.
The rest of Zennio actuators allow manual control of their outputs with the push buttons on their enclosure. If the programming button is pressed during 3 seconds, the device will enter test On mode (green LED lights) and it will not send status communication objects to bus (it will also ignore KNX orders).
Which Zennio products have logical functions?
- Actuators (all): MAXinBOX SHUTTER 8CH, MAXinBOX SHUTTER 4CH, MAXinBOX 16 Plus, MAXinBOX 16, MAXinBOX 8 Plus, MAXinBOX 8, MAXinBOX 66, MINiBOX 45, MINiBOX 25, MINiBOX Quatro, MINiBOX 20, inBOX 24, inBOX 20, ACTinBOX MAX 6, ACTinBOX QUATRO, ACTinBOX Classic Hybrid.
- Lighting: DIMinBOX DX2, DIMinBOX 2CH, Luzen Plus, Luzen One
- Clima: MAXinBOX Hospitality, MAXinBOX FANCOIL 4CH2P, MAXinBOX FANCOIL 2CH2P, MAXinBOX FC 0-10V FAN, MAXinBOX FC 0-10V VALVE, HeatingBOX 230V 8X, HeatingBOX 230V 4X, KLIC-DD, KLIC-DI Sky, ACTinBOX MAX 6 Fan Coil y ACTinBOX QUATRO Fan Coil.
- KNX Energy Saver: KES, KCI.
Can I use the same Logical Function variables in different operations?
Yes, this is possible; just have on mind that the value stored in the variable changes when executing any operation in which it is involved, and this inevitably will affect the rest of operations using this same variable.
Is the value of an internal variable retained between different calls to the logical function?
Yes, it is. The value is retained even after a power failure, and it can also be used in different logical functions.
Is it possible to enchain several logical functions to solve complex issues?
Yes, it is. If the same object is used to call several functions, they will be executed in order, and it is also possible to pass values from one function to another using the internal variables.
All my Group Address associations with the Logical Function Communication objects disappeared. What happened?
This happens in the modules of 5 logical functions, where you need to input the number of Total Data Entry objects of each type in parameters. If you need to increase those parameters of Total Data entry objects onces you have made all the Logical Function Group Address associations, you will lose those associations.
WE ALWAYS RECOMMEND to define some more additional objects than the strictly necessary in the Logical Functions, as a later redefinition involves the deletion of the possible Group Address associations already made, with the consequent loss of time when having to associate them again.
In the modules of 10 logical functions, each Data Entry is enabled independently, avoiding the lose of associations when you need a different number of Data Entry objects.
What does safe mode mean?
When a device is running in safe mode the programming LED blinks in red, meaning that the application program is halted.
How to set a device in safe mode?
To activate the safe mode, keep the programming button pressed while connecting the device into the KNX bus. This process is described in the datasheet of the device.
How to exit from safe mode?
To exit from safe mode, simply plug the KNX bus into the device but do not press the programming button this time. This way the programming LED does not blink, meaning that the application program is running (safe mode is not active).
How do a download in safe mode?
When an incidence is caused during the download, it is recommended to do a safe mode download, to ensure that the previous corrupted download doesn’t affect to this new download:
To do a download in safe mode, you should follow the next steps:
- Disconnect the device from KNX bus.
- Connect the device to KNX bus while holding down the programming button. The programming LED will start blinking indicating that the device is in safe mode.
- Once in safe mode, download the application program completely to the device.
- When the download is finished, disconnect and reconnect the device from the bus.